Dress and Conduct Rules
Members and visitors must conform with the stipulated regulations displayed on signs and notice boards in and around the Clubhouse. Members are reminded of their obligation to ensure that their guests are correctly attired, and to insist that Green Fee players comply. The RMC Golf Club reserves the right to refuse admittance to, and the use of, any or all of the Club facilities to any Member and/or visitor who fails to comply. Members and their guests should be aware that dress rules apply in the Clubhouse as well as on the course.
It is expected that Members and visitors will abide by the accepted rules and etiquette applying to the game of golf. In particular, attention is drawn to the following examples:
- No one should move, talk or stand close to or directly behind the ball or the hole when the player is addressing the ball or making a stroke.
- The player who has the honour should play before other players tee-up. If the players ahead are out of reach, the player should tee off before marking the card.
- No player should play until players ahead are safely out of reach. Players however, should be aware of their capabilities when applying this principle.
- In the interest of all, players should walk to their own ball and be prepared to play without delay when it is their turn to hit. Penalties for slow play will be applied by the respective match committees when considered appropriate.
- Players searching for a ball must immediately call through any following players waiting to hit, and should not continue their play until those players have passed and are out of range.
- Before leaving a bunker, a player MUST carefully repair all damage caused by the impact of the ball, foot prints, and strokes taken therein. Rakes MUST be placed in the bottom of the bunker with the handle pointing towards the tee.
- Through the green, a player MUST ensure any turf cut or displaced by a stroke is replaced, pressed down and sprinkled with sand. After players have holed out, any damage to the putting green made by the players footwear should be carefully repaired.
- Dress standard is NEAT CASUAL. Tailored shorts, trousers and skirts worn with sleeved and collared shirts are acceptable. Players may wear long socks or sports socks.
- Where spiked shoes are worn, soft spikes only are permitted.
- Jeans, tee shirts, singlets, sport or football clothing, track suits, abbreviated shorts, sandals, thongs, ripple soled shoes and high heels are all prohibited.
- Each player must have their own set of clubs (clubs can be hired at the bar).
- Non-members must not proceed to the course without paying green fees and must carry their green fee receipt with them and produce it on request.
- Each player must carry a sand bucket. Divots and plug marks on greens must be repaired.
- Bunkers are to be raked after use with the rake placed as near as possible to the centre of the bunker with the tines facing down and the handle pointing back toward the tee.
- Members and visitors who smoke on the course are required to dispose of cigarette or cigar butts in rubbish receptacles and not to discard them on the course, especially on or near greens.
- Please also place bottle tops in the rubbish bins as they damage our mowers.